Welcome back to another rousing edition of “Jordan played on YouTube and his iTunes library for 48 minutes and finally settled on this song” of the day. Today we have the incomparable Kendrick Lamar and the song “A.D.H.D”. You can find this song on the CD Section.80, which is a must have if you are a hip-hop fan.
It makes me sad whenever I find a white person who doesn’t know who Kendrick Lamar is. I say white person not out of any sort of racism, but I’ve literally only found white people that don’t know who Kendrick Lamar is. I am of the extremely firm opinion that Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper currently in the game today. I think you can make a very legitimate argument for a number of different artists at #2, but you won’t convince me otherwise on the top spot. Kendrick’s “good kid m.A.A.d city” isn’t just a fantastic album, it is one of the best albums you will ever listen to. It tells a story worth hearing, and features fantastic hip-hop from top to bottom. Give it a listen today. Seriously. Right now. I’ll wait here.
Whew, that was pretty awesome wasn’t it? Let’s move on to the song of the day itself. “A.D.H.D”, for me, is a great chill out song and one I like to listen to on long car rides at night. A very chill bit combines with Kendrick’s smooth flow make this one of my favorite Kendrick Lamar songs. The video is a little too boring to warrant any sort of video breakdown, but I do have a few questions/comments:
- 0:04 – I don’t get the mask. It’s weird. It also doesn’t make another appearance. I MUST KNOW IT’S SIGNIFICANCE!
- 0:35 – This is me. Weird, awkward white guy walking up all like “AW MAN I LOVE YOUR MUSIC KENDRICK!!!” I am acknowledged and then very quickly dismissed. This was the greatest moment of my hypothetical life. I also have significantly more hair here than I do in my non-A.D.H.D video life.
- 1:14 – Whoa. Hey guys, there’s a car behind you… Maybe get out of the middle of the road…
- 2:02 – OH YA! KENDRICK EXCITED! THERE BE WOMEN HERE NOW! WATCH THE FUCK OUT!!!
- 2:05 – Girls very curiously looking around at what we have seen are white walls in an abandoned warehouse. Apparently this is very interesting.
- 2:42 – Barack Obama mask? Is that what that is?
- 3:09 – Pretend office is way more fun than I would have guessed.
- 3:13 – WE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FAKE BUSINESS TRANSACTION!!! DON’T YOU GRIN AND MAKE ME WAIT!!! I OWN THIS IMAGINARY COMPANY!!!
- 3:31-end – “Hey, what the fuck you doing talking to a girl!? Let’s leave!” and Kendrick listens. DOESN’T HE KNOW HE HAD HIS WAY WORKED UP TO A SECOND BASE MINIMUM!?!? BUT NOOOOO, HE GOES FOR THE GOOD NIGHT HANDSHAKE AND JUST LEAVES HER SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ABANDONED WAREHOUSE!! I hope she gets a trespassing charge and Kendrick calls her tomorrow night and she’s all like “NO YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE, AND YOU’RE PAYING MY GOD DAMN CITATION, KENDRICK!!!” Kendrick needs to make better decisions, here.
Hope you like it as much as I do. If you don’t, then don’t worry I only think a little bit less of you. Have a good week, compadres!